Tuesday, May 25, 2010

In fairness to the "Airwaves" section.....

It's been a while since I've had any news on my OTHER passion in life and reason for starting this blog........radio. Remember the scene in "Office Space" where Peter talks about what he would do if he had a million dollars and didn't have to work? His was "nothing"......mine is radio. Fortunately, I've been blessed to indulge in that passion and make a living doing it........until about 18 months ago.

Since then, I've been looking for a way to get back in the game, and the opportunity has finally arrived!! Within the next few weeks, I can be heard on Golden Hits Radio! It's a brand new online station launched by one of the truly great radio guys I've ever had the privilege of working with and learning from......Bob Burton, of the legendary morning team of Burt & Kurt. It's a labor of love for all of us at the moment, but how refreshing to be involved in a venture free from all the soul sucking corporate culture. Just great fun, great music, and hopefully at least one or two folks listening at any given time.

I understand this won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I appreciate you giving it a shot. And if you're in the radio biz, like the sound of the station, and are in a position to give ME a shot to help grow your station's ratings and revenue, I'd love to talk with you!! First, check out goldenhitsradio.com, then head over to check out my history of winning ratings and radio experience. This opportunity proves I'm more willing to do this for nothing, but there's something to be said for a regular paycheck.

Thanks for stopping by! My goal is for you to have more fun listening than I'm having doing it, but I'm not sure that will be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment