Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Topps 2011: Where Else You Gonna Get Baseball Cards, Year 2

As you're probably aware, Topps has released details on its 2011 base set.  I'm not getting any younger, so my tendency is to do the whole "you neighborhood kids get off my lawn" thing, but as someone who has just rediscovered the hobby over the past few years, am I the only one who wonders what the obsession in the industry is all things "retro"?  I'm not asking for a design and set that screams 2050, but I am asking for something a little less Prohibition era. 

A related story to keep your eye on here.......although he's denying it publicly, Michael Eisner is strongly rumored to be taking over the Tribune Co. (Chicago Tribune, WGN, etc.) when it emerges from bankruptcy.  You have to wonder what direction Topps would take if he takes on a lesser day-to-day role in the company. 

Here's the rundown of what we'll see for the first major baseball card release of 2011.........

ANGILLY: Topps’ 2011 set again honors company’s past

No comments:

Post a Comment